We all look forward to our family vacation for months, but then it comes to that time we dread: PACKING! Packing becomes even more stressful when you have a baby (who knew such tiny babies would travel with so much stuff?!). I have created the ultimate packing list for traveling with Baby, so you don’t have to!
Everything you could possibly need is included, no matter where you are traveling! So now you can just relax and enjoy your trip with Baby!
1. Pack ‘n Play– Baby will need somewhere to sleep, and the Pack ‘n Play is the perfect option for traveling. It includes a bassinet that can be removed, depending on your baby’s age. It is so easy to assemble and disassemble, just pull the rope in the center and it folds up! It is also compact in case you are sharing a room with Baby. Check out this article on how to get your baby to sleep away from home!
2. Pack ‘n Play Sheets– For comfortable and safe baby sleep you will need a fitted sheet for the Pack ‘n Play.
3. Diapers– Consider how many diapers your baby goes through each day and pack a few extra per day.
4. Wipes– I love these wipes, they are 99% water and keep my baby clean!
5. Pacifiers– If your baby takes a pacifier make sure to bring a few extras. You don’t want Baby to have a meltdown over a missing binky!
6. Thermometer– We always hope for the best, but you never know when your baby could get sick.
8. Outlet Covers/Baby Gates– If your baby is on the move, make sure you baby proof as much as possible.
9. Baby Monitor– Don’t forget to pack both pieces and chargers.
10. Toothbrush/Fluoride Free Toothpaste– Always provide healthy dental hygiene for your baby, even on vacation!
11. Toys– Baby will need some entertainment on his trip!
12. Books– If you usually read your baby a book before bedtime make sure you bring them along. You want to stick to your baby’s routine as much as possible.
13. Baby Bath Tub– If you still use a tub for your baby, don’t forget to pack it. You can pack an inflatable tub like this to take up less space, especially if your are flying.
14. Bath Soap– Pack gentle bath soap to protect Baby’s sensitive skin.
15. Wash Cloth– Keep baby clean…
16. Towels– and dry!
17. Onesies– Keep Baby comfortable during the day…
18. Pajamas– and at night!
19. Outfits– You will want to bring plenty of weather appropriate outfits for your baby to wear when you are sightseeing on your vacation.
20. Socks/Shoes– Keep your baby’s feet protected and warm.
21. Stuffed Animal– If your baby is attached to a lovey or stuffed animal, this is definitely something you do not want to forget!
22. Blanket– Bring a blanket to put on the floor for a clean play area for baby.
23. Baby-Safe Dish Soap– Pack a non-toxic dish soap, like this, to clean your baby’s bottles and dishes.
24. Bottle Brush- You will need all of your bottle cleaning supplies in case there is no dishwasher where you are staying.
25. Bottles- Bring all of your feeding supplies.
26. Formula- You will have a very hungry baby if you forget to pack this!
27. Breast Pump- If you are nursing you will need all of your usual supplies.
28. Bibs– If your baby is eating solids don’t forget the bibs or you will have a mess!
29. Baby Food– These pouches are great for when you are on the go!
30. Baby Spoons, Bowls, and Sippy Cups- Pack any dishes your baby will need.
31. Baby Carrier– A baby carrier, like this, makes sightseeing with Baby a breeze!
32. Stroller– This is another option for when you are out and about with your baby.
33. Sound Machine– If you usually use a sound machine while your baby sleeps, bring it along to make your baby feel more at home. When he wakes up he will hear the sounds of his nursery and (hopefully) be lulled back to sleep.
34. Lotion– You never know how Baby’s skin will react in a different climate.
35. Diaper Rash Cream– I love Aquaphor, it always clears up my baby’s diaper rash within hours.
36. Teethers– It seems like Artie has been teething since he was born! If your baby is still in his first year, don’t forget to pack teethers!
37. Rock ‘n Play– If you have a young baby the Rock ‘n Play is the perfect place for him to relax on trips away from home! It is an automatic rocker that is easy to fold up and travel with!
38. Activity Gym– This may seem excessive but you want to make your baby feel as comfortable as possible. Anything your baby enjoys from home that you can bring will help. If you have a lightweight gym, like this one, that will fit into your car, why not bring it along?
39. Diaper Bag– Just in case you forget something on the list, many of your essentials will be in your diaper bag. Click here for my diaper bag checklist!
40. The Ultimate Packing Checklist for Traveling with Baby– Bring along this checklist for when you pack up at the end of your trip. The last thing you want to do after a relaxing vacation is leave behind your baby’s favorite toy!
Traveling by Plane? Don’t forget your travel documents and car seat! This car seat travel strap attaches the car seat to your luggage.
Bringing Baby to the beach? Click here for everything you need on Baby’s first beach trip!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. To receive free shipping on Amazon purchases sign up for an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial!